Monday, January 30, 2006

Interesting TidBit...

I found a blog that addresses the amount of children murdered in NC due to child abuse. And compares the civilian deaths to military deaths. I found it very interesting. http://penilecodeavenger.blogspot.com/2005/05/child-abuse-deaths-on-military.html There is one thing I would like to note. I am seriously not sure how these people gather statistics on any of this. I say this because I had called the DSS in Cumberland County to find some information on a past case from 1998. And I was told, that until recently, once these cases were disposed of, they were not saved. Saving these cases only became a "NORM" recently. So basically if someone sexually or physically abused their kids in 1998 to about 2001, THEY ARE SAFE!! They can do it again and no one will know that this behavior has become habitual. I also called Fort Bragg today, to finally find out abut the disposition of the assault with a deadly weapons case against my ex. Funny, they only save them for 2 years. And then they just go away. And apparently there was NO disposition on this case. They just didn't understand why not, and now the statute of limitations is up..... Imagine that. Now I am in the process of contacting the military police there at Bragg to see if the reports that had been made are still in the system. According to JAG, these should still be there regardless. I guess I will wait and see just how deep this kind of white wash goes.........although I may not have copies of the reports the MP s made I sure as heck still have the dates of each assault and abuse where the MPs were called. If these are no longer there, how do they document anything or gain statistics for any of their reports????? And people will continue to wonder......... Whose reality check has bounced???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home